Hearty Spinach Salad with Fresh Peaches
Sweet summer peaches combined with fresh young crisp spinach leaves set the stage for the additions of bacon, gorgonzola, and toasted pecans. A salad with lots of textures that work so well together!
- 2 Large Fresh Peaches, washed and cut into chunks
- ¼ Cup More Than Olives Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup More Than Olives Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 6-8 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, rinsed and dried
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4-5 Ounces Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 English Cucumber, washed and cut into chunks
- 6 Bacon Strips, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- ⅓ Cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- ½ Tablespoon More Than Olives Arbosana “Organic” Olive Oil
To make the dressing, add together the More Than Olives Blood Orange Olive Oil and the More Than Olives Fig Balsamic into a small jar or plastic container with a lid. Add in the Sea Salt and Ground Pepper. Shake to combine the ingredients and set aside.
You can lightly toast the pecans in a frying pan or in the oven. Add the More Than Olives Arbosana “Organic” Olive Oil to the nuts and stir. Give them a light dusting of sea salt. Watch them closely, nuts will quickly burn if not attended to. This process just takes a few minutes. Let them cool before adding to the salad.
Cook your bacon and let it rest. Prepare the spinach, peaches, and cucumbers and set them into a large salad bowl. When the bacon has cooled, crumble it and add it to the salad bowl.
Gently toss the salad, to mix the ingredients. Shake your dressing once again to reincorporate the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Pour the dressing onto the salad and gently toss again.
Transfer the salad onto a platter or into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle the Gorgonzola cheese and toasted pecans over the salad and serve immediately.
You can get creative with this salad and use other More Than Olives Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars for the dressing. Other flavors to consider: Meyer Lemon, Basil, or Picual Olive Oil. Peach, Cranberry Pear, or Blackberry Balsamic Vinegars.