Olive Oil Waffles with Balsamic Berries
A fresh, buttery California Olive Oil is perfect for this batter.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons More Than Olives Arbosana “Organic” Olive Oil
- 1-2 cups Mixture of Berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 2-4 tablespoons More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
Start your waffle topping by cleaning the strawberries and cutting them into large slices. Place them in a bowl with the raspberries and blackberries. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with the More Than Olives Aged Balsamic. Gently stir and let sit.
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients for the waffle batter. Flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well with a whisk.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, milk, and More Than Olives Arbosana “Organic” Olive Oil.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add additional milk if the batter is too thick.
Heat the waffle iron and spray with Oil Spray.
Ladle a spoonful of the batter onto the greased waffle iron. Cook until both sides of the waffle are golden brown.
Place your cooked waffle on a plate and top with a spoonful of the berry mixture. Serve immediately.