Bruschetta Topped Balsamic Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ¼ cup More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons More Than Olives Arbequina “Estate” Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb blend
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 4 mozzarella slices
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes
- ½ medium sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Arbequina “Estate” Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
Trim excess fat from the chicken breasts and cut each piece lengthwise into two pieces. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound the pieces down to ¾ inch in thickness. Place the chicken pieces in a container along with balsamic, olive oil, garlic, herb blend & salt/pepper. Mix everything up so the chicken is coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Prepare the bruschetta topping in a bowl. Finely dice the tomatoes & onion. Combine them with minced garlic, balsamic, olive oil, and salt/pepper. Stir well to combine the ingredients and seasoning.
Grill or pan-fry the chicken until just cooked through. Don’t overcook them because they are going into the oven to complete the dish.
Turn the oven on broil and adjust the rack to be about 6 inches below the heating element. Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet covered with foil and top each piece with about ¼ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese or a slice of cheese and about ¼ cup of the tomato bruschetta. Place your pan under the broiler & cook until the cheese is fully melted about 5-10 min.
Move chicken to a platter or to individual plates. Drizzle with Traditional Aged Balsamic. Serve immediately.