Winter Vegetable Bruschetta
- 2 zucchini & 2 yellow squash
- 1 medium or ½ large yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes, or 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- More Than Olives Basil Olive Oil or Garlic Olive Oil
- More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sliced baguette
Small dice the zucchini, squash, bell pepper, carrot, and onion. Place them in an oven-safe glass pan and drizzle with More Than Olives Olive Oil and More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to make sure all veggies are well coated with the dressing.
Bake in a 350-400 degree oven until veggies are soft, 30-40 minutes. While that is cooking, dice your tomatoes. Add them in for the last 10 minutes of cooking. When vegetables are done, give them one last stir and drizzle them with a bit more Traditional Aged Balsamic. Let sit. while you toast your baguette.
Slice your baguette. Lightly toast both slices in the oven.
When ready to serve, spoon your warm veggie mixture onto each bread round and place it on a platter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This bruschetta is also great served over a piece of grilled chicken or fish.