Tired of traditional broccoli salad loaded with mayonnaise?
This version is packed with flavor and can sit out during your afternoon party.
Keeps for several days in the refrigerator.
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 head of broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup small raisin (or dried fruit of your choice)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, cut into very small chunks or shredded
- ½ cup More Than Olives Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons More Than Olives Peach White Balsamic
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem and remove the tough end of the stalk. Wash the broccoli head thoroughly. Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins, and cheese.
In a small bowl, combine the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil and Peach White Balsamic. Add a few pinches of Sea Salt and Ground Pepper. Whisk dressing together and pour over your broccoli salad. Toss and let sit 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.
This salad can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Bring it out about 20 minutes ahead of serving, to allow the dressing to warm up. Toss the salad again before serving.