Our Pumpkin Hummus is an easy-to-make, healthy snack, or appetizer!
Serve with pita chips & fresh veggies for a crowd-pleasing entree. Makes 4 cups.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup More Than Olives Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil or More Than Olives Arbequina “Estate” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(+ more EVOO for drizzling)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Toasted pepitas for garnish (optional)
Place juice and beans from the can into a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Add the first 6 ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Process until well blended. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and add the tahini, processing again until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, add the olive oil and salt and blend again until completely incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve in a bowl topped with toasted pepitas and drizzled olive oil. Serve with pita chips and fresh veggies.