Pasta with Olio Nuovo Olive Oil
- ¼ – ½ pounds of linguine
- 10-20 fresh basil leaves, finely slivered
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-4 Roma tomatoes, chopped (4 small or 2 large)
- ¼ cup of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- More Than Olives Olio Nuovo Olive Oil (Can substitute with Picual Olive Oil, Arbequina “Estate” Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Arbosana “Organic” Olive Oil)
Bring a large pot of fresh water to boil and drop the pasta into the pot. Add a bit of salt and stir to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick together. (linguine usually takes between 7-10 minutes, depending on the brand).
While the pasta cooks, add a few tablespoons of Olio Nuovo olive oil to a medium-sized pan along with the garlic and saute slowly. Add Sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (slowly cook for another 2-5 minutes). Add in the chopped tomatoes and let them warm. You don’t want to cook them down.
Drain the pasta and save a bit of the starchy water. Add the pasta to the pan along with the basil and mix well. Add more Olio Nuovo olive oil to coat the pasta. If you need to loosen it up a bit, add a little reserved pasta water.
Add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mix one more time. Plate the pasta and add a little bit more cheese.
Simple, classic, and packed with flavor! Serve with some crusty bread.