Fruit, Nut, & Mixed Greens Salad
- 5 tablespoons More Than Olives Arbequina “Estate” Olive Oil*
- 3 tablespoons More Than Olives Balsamic Vinegar* (your choice)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite fresh fruit of the season (Possibilities – Apples, Pears, Peaches)
- 4-6 cups mixed greens, washed and dried well
- 1 cup toasted nuts: walnuts, pecans or sliced almonds
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Prepare the mixed greens and place them in a large bowl. Cut up your fruit and add to the mixed greens.
In a small bowl, mix the Balsamic you’ve chosen, with the shallots, sea salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the Picual Olive Oil until completely incorporated.
Add the gorgonzola cheese and toasted nuts to the salad greens. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss the salad to distribute the dressing. Serve immediately.
*Our customers love to change up this salad. Try one of the following combinations-
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil with Peach Balsamic
Blood Orange Olive Oil with Blackberry Balsamic
Basil Olive Oil with Fig Balsamic
Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sex On The Beach Balsamic