Balsamic-Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
- 4 ounce pancetta, 1/4-inch-diced (or bacon)
- 1 small yellow onion
- ¼ cup More Than Olives Arbequina “Estate” Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Or try using our Garlic or Meyer Lemon Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic (or Fig Balsamic)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Chop the stem end off each Brussel Sprout and peel off the tougher outer leaves. Cut the Sprout in half, or into 4 wedges if you are using larger Sprouts. Clean the onion and cut it into large diced pieces.
Place the Brussels Sprouts in a bowl. Add the pancetta, onion, More Than Olives Olive Oil, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss gently to make sure everything is coated. If it seems dry, add a bit more More Than Olives Olive Oil. Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet in a single layer including some of the loose leaves, which get crispy when they’re roasted.
Roast the Brussels sprouts for about 20 or until they’re tender and nicely browned and the pancetta is cooked. Toss once during roasting.
Remove from the oven, drizzle immediately with the More Than Olives Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar, and toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary, and serve immediately while still warm from the oven.
Other Options- Chopped Bacon can be used instead of Pancetta and More Than Olives Mission Fig Balsamic works wonders in this dish.